Your online presence is all the places your accounting firm exists online. It matters because it can impact whether or not a potential or current client or employee chooses to engage your firm. The quality of your online presence can also give you a distinct edge over competitors.
Here are some key elements to consider when building an online presence for your accounting firm:
- Website – A well-branded, user-friendly, responsive website with engaging content is crucial to attracting and retaining clients and employees. Despite the fact that most of us live in a digital world, there are too many poor websites out there. Make sure yours doesn’t fall short.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and many other social media platforms can be helpful tools for bringing your brand to life online, connecting with clients and employees and building strong relationships. As public practitioners, you are likely always busy and have seemingly endless to-do lists. Create a schedule for social media posts or they may not happen.
- Digital Marketing – This includes using online marketing tactics such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), content marketing, e-marketing and other online platforms like Yelp or Yellowpages.ca to promote your firm.
- SEO – Make sure your site ranks high when people look for accounting services via a search engine like Google.
- Content Marketing – Act as a resource or thought leader for your clients by creating and sharing useful content online (think blogs, e-books, webinars, etc.).
Download our free, special report to marketing your accounting firm, here.